In the UK there are long waiting lists and it’s expensive for single mothers by choice to create their families. So these women are being incredibly proactive and going abroad for their fertility treatment and they are headed to Spain to begin their family building.
Why are women traveling to Spain? To begin with the compensation for Spanish egg donors is low somewhere are around (£750), and to be honest most of the egg donation is altruistic as that’s what’s common. Spanish law is also with the times – they recognize the rights of single mothers by choice to create their families regardless of the fact that they are single, gay bi, or straight.
Spanish law requires all egg donors to be anonymous (meaning they cannot meet one another now, or in the future, which is something I hope changes in the future.) Egg donors must be under 35 and are screened for genetic issues.
Below you will find a handful of clinics that offer IVF as well as DE IVF for its patients.
- IVF-Spain – they have several egg donation programs of which the Diamond program is their star product among the foreigners. Diamond egg donation signifies that the patient gets a pregnancy guarantee with a 50% refund policy.
- Manzanera Medical Centre, La Rioja: Infertility clinic in Spain Manzanera Medical Centre offers extensive reproductive assistance, such as In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD).
- Ginefiv: Fertility care and assisted reproduction in Spain, Madrid Ginefiv was founded in 1987, and have been pioneers in the field of sterility and IVF treatments in Spain. In 1988, their work led to the birth of the first baby resulting from the use of a frozen egg. This clinic is made up of more than 80 professionals specializing in different areas (Gynaecology, Biology, Urology, Nursing and Psychology) led by Professor Bajo Arenas (Professor at the Universidad Autónoma of Madrid, Head of the Gynaecology Department and President of the Spanish Gynaecology and Obstetrics Society) and Dr Martínez de Arenaza
- FIV Center Madrid: IVF treatment in Spain is a specialized clinic in reproductive medicine in Spain. FIV Center was founded in 1998 by Dr. Jose Luis Caballero Diaz.
- ProcreaTec: Infertility clinic in Madrid, Spain Fertility and Genetics Clinic located in Madrid, specializing in Artificial Insemination, In vitro Fertilization (IVF).